In this twenty-hour training course, you’ll explore Pelvic Floor Yoga™ and learn how to teach students with common pelvic floor issues, such as pain, pelvic organ prolapse, and incontinence. Intended for experienced yoga teachers, health care professionals, midwives, doulas, fitness trainers, massage therapists, and just plain curious practitioners of yoga who want to deepen their practice. This course is approved for continuing education with Yoga Alliance and International Association of Yoga Therapists.
The course includes:
- 14 hours of video plus an additional six hours of readings, activities, and quizzes.
- A free electronic copy of Leslie Howard’s book Pelvic Liberation: Using Yoga, Self-Inquiry, and Breath Awareness for Pelvic Health.
- A free monthly Office Hour with Leslie Howard and other members of the course. This is an opportunity to attend a live web conference where you can ask your questions about videos, quizzes, readings, and activities and receive feedback.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe basic pelvic floor anatomy to students.
- Develop an awareness of the three muscular layers of your pelvic floor and explain to students techniques for developing awareness of their own pelvic floors.
- Practice a variety of breath techniques for pelvic floor health and guide students in exercises that incorporate these practices.
- Analyze pelvic floor complaints and symptoms and determine how they relate to common pelvic floor conditions.
- Design asana sequences that address pelvic floor muscles that have too little tone (hypotonic) and too much tone (hypertonic).
- Instruct students using appropriate language, easy to understand cues, and adjustments using verbal techniques and props.
- In-depth anatomy of the pelvis, hip flexors, rotators, and connective musculature and how they translate into pelvic health.
- How posture affects the pelvic floor.
- Identifying hypertonic vs. hypotonic muscles and the difference between a strong muscle, a tense muscle, and a loose muscle
- The role of the breath and how this impacts the pelvic floor.
- How to teach breath and asana to people with both too much and too little tone in their pelvic floors.
- Guidance on gender-neutral language and working with transgender students.
- Restorative yoga for the pelvic floor.
PRICE IS $499, Click here for more info.